Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Finally starting to take shape (Pic heavy)

Well guys and dolls, I think I may actually be seeing this becoming a home that we can enjoy.  Wahoo the boxes are dwindling and I can breathe a little easier.  Clarice is getting settled in and just full of playful mischief again but still a little unsettled because she's a lap kitty in the evening when we are watching tv.  She's always been my snuggle bug in the bed but not a lap kitty so this is a little different but I'm enjoying the extra love.

So here's a few pictures of things starting to look like home:
 

 
 
 
I just got these awesome strawberries today from Karen at My Colonial Home.  Aren't they just perfect in this yellow ware bowl?   



alright all my Canadian friends, why haven't I ever heard of Crown Jars? I found this at an estate sale the day before we moved from Atlanta and I love, love it!
 
Also found these 2 butter molds at that same sale.  It was an amazing collector's sale.



 

 
This is my favorite spot right as you come up the stairs.








This is a split level house so there is a lot of open space which is wonderful for light but it's difficult in furniture and décor placement.  Ignore the orange squirt bottle which is Clarice behavior method.






 
Master bedroom




I was gonna move the Hot Flash fan out of the picture but decided to keep it real!  I need for Mark to hang the huge mirror above the dresser.



My laundry closet which has been a huge adjustment to me but I do like that it's in the master bathroom so it's convenient to do laundry.  Oh and I got a new washer and dryer after 20 years it was much needed!


Alright I've bored y'all long enough so I'll get back to unpacking now or maybe I'll just watch trashy tv instead. 







9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tour! I would love to have a kitchen that big.
    Karens strawberries are very sweet, I would order some but I already have some.
    Enjoy
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you say this house is 1/3 the size of your previous home and it looks huge!!! Love your little space at the top of the stairs but my fav is that little antique table in your kitchen. Thanks for the tour.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the tour...your kitchen is fabulous...so good you are getting settled and ready to rest and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna, love your cozy home, your decorating is great. You really struck it Rich with the butter olds, love them. I was wanting some Strawberry's, thanks for letting me know where to get some. Give

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always get cut off, gads, give kitty a hug from me, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure don't envy you and unpacking, but everything is looking great! Home Sweet Home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You work fast. Like the table at the end of the kitchen island. I am finally home for a wile and need to get some work done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your fav spot at the landing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!