Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Favorite Quote

Today's topic is my favorite quote and why it touched me:

Be the change that you wish to see in the world- Gandhi

This quote is how I try to live my life.  It just shows that we as individuals can make a difference in the world just one simple step at a time.   Too often people think, I'm just one person and whatever I do won't make a difference or matter so why try.  The way I look at things if I make one person's day a little better then I've been successful.  Sometimes it just takes a smile to totally turn a day around and who doesn't have time for a smile, kind word or simple gesture of kindness.  Things don't change in the world until the first person tries it.  So today remember to smile at that person checking you out at the store or at the poor woman scrambling to keep up with her kids or at the older gentleman that holds the door open for you.  It's harder to smile or say a kind word to the person who just cut you off in traffic or the rude person that grabbed something you were reaching for on a shelf or the loved one that just hurt your feelings but you might just be the person that changes their outlook on life that day. 

2 comments:

  1. I try to be this way daily also Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very well said. It makes me feel good to do little things for strangers. My husband and I were in the shoe store the other day and let a young man go ahead of us and he didn't even say thank you. Now that gets me mad

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!