Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Friday, February 20, 2015

Something I know a lot about or are good at doing

So this challenge is a daily one and is to give you a peek into my world, head and life.  Be careful people because it's scary in there!  So something I'm good at....hmmmmm....why is it that we can never think of positive things about ourselves but can name a million things we have done wrong or is wrong with us?  

So let's see something I know a lot about would be Bon Jovi.  I first saw Bon Jovi as an opening band for Ratt in 1985....a long, long time ago but I was instantly a fan and have been ever since. Get ready to be dazzled by my impressive, vast knowledge of all things Jovi.

First of all,  I must state that Bon Jovi is the band not the man Jon Bon Jovi!!!!  This drives me crazy because there are other members that make up the band and these guys are as equally talented as the Front Man.  OK now that is out of the way so I'll proceed in your education.     The band was founded in 1983 by Jon Bon Jovi  after his song "Runaway" became a hit playing on a local New York radio station and other stations started picking the song up.  At this time Jon had no band so he called his classmate David Bryan who recruited Tico Torres and Alec John Such.   Richie Sambora joined the band last as lead guitarist replacing Dave Sabo, who then formed Skid Row.   Now they had the dream team so they were off to a recording contract and non stop touring.   They released albums:  Bon Jovi, 7800 Fahrenheit,  Slippery When Wet and New Jersey from 1983 to 1990.     The band was on tour until 1990 when they finally took a much needed break from each other and the non stop touring schedule.   In 1992,  they returned with Keep The Faith which was album number 5 just in case you were keeping count.   Here's a timeline of the albums and dates
There have been a couple of live albums along with the guys also recording solo projects and yes, I own everyone of them.  Hey, I'm nothing if not a Super Fan!  I could go on boring you with all the useless information I know but I'd rather show you some of my concert pictures
                                          Atlanta 2012
 
Sigh.....David
 
Atl 2013
 
 
 
Atl 2010
 
 
 
Atl 2008



 
 
Atl 2005
 
 That smile just melts me every time!
 
 
I could continue posting pictures all day long from all the concerts that I have attended but don't want to lose my followers when the extent of my obsession is revealed.  LOL! 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Wow Donna. Great pictures. That smile is wonderful. You definitely had great seats,

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!