Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Saturday, March 30, 2019

Two years, Really?????

Oh my gosh I've had blogger issues, password problems, ect…..but no excuse for a 2 year lapse in blogging.  Oh my where to start.....

Let's not try to recreate the wheel here so let's focus on just the last 6 months.  We're moving again and this time I got my antique home.  We've been transferred to New Jersey (yep home to my Bon Jovi Boys) and we've been in temp living with Clarice since Nov but we close on our new home the end of April.  We're keeping the North Carolina home as well so I've been shopping and trying to decide what stays in NC and what comes with me.  It's been a long struggle to find a home with some real disappointments but I feel like the house we finally chose is HOME!  Real estate moves extremely fast here, taxes are ridiculously expensive and it's winter plus I've been extremely sick so it became a chore very quickly.  I looked at 50-75 houses and took Mark back to a few but usually by the time he could go they already had offers.  We made offers on a couple of places that fell thru due to multiple offers coming in or inspection issues that could not be resolved but it all worked out in the end because we found our Home!  I saw it first day it was on the market and made the offer without Mark even setting eyes on it which was a little nerve wracking since we weren't always seeing eye to eye the potential in 200 yr old homes.  But he got to see it 3 days later and Hey Markie, He Likes It!  Sorry a little 70's Lfe cereal commercial plug there.  So without further ado here is our new soon to be happy home


Just look at those wide width pumpkin pine floors...I'm swooning!

 And did I mention it's got 4 working main floor fireplaces plus 2 summer kitchen fireplaces in the dirt floor basement that I have promised Mark and the home inspector I'll never, ever light.




 Oh and 2 wood stoves in the bedrooms upstairs plus just look at those beams!






 I can't wait until closing and moving in so stayed tune because I'm back to blogging, bursting with ideas and excited to share the journey with everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am green with envy. That is an absolutely stunning house that you will transform in to a beautiful home. Congrats to you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Beautiful home , love the interior too. Enjoy

    Linda m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!