Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Slow day at work

It seems like today is never going to end....let's see paid my bills, balanced checkbook, caught up on reading everyone's blogs and checked Craigs List about a million times looking for a great deal on a couch for the tv room. I've hated the leather set that we bought almost since the day we brought it home....the arms are too high for me to stitch comfortably and I can't touch the ground! I don't know what we were thinking when we bought it...oh wait, I do know what we were thinking....This is just too good of a deal to pass up. It was a floor sample, all real leather and we got the huge couch, massive chair and footstool for $800 so we just got all caught up in the deal. Well we've come to realize the error of our ways and now I'm on the hunt for the perfect couch. I know what I really want (Restoration Hardware down filled, patterned sofa or a Pottery Barn slipcovered sofa) but I refuse to pay a fortune for something even if we will use it nightly. And I'd like to keep the same drapes in that room for now so I'm looking for earthtones which does limit some of my options. Oh well, the right one will come along sometime hopefully before Miss Clarice tears this set. She doesn't sharpen her claws but takes running leaps to get to my lap and sometimes she slips a little so there are some nail marks. When I find what I want and get ready to sell this set, I'll use some shoe polish to get it cleaned up before I list it.

I scored a great little prim cabinet at GW yesterday on lunch. I actually left it there, drove over to Hobby Lobby to pick up some needles and just kept thinking about it so I rushed back to buy it. I was so thankful that no one else had grabbed it. It's already a little grungy red but I still need to wipe some stain on it then it'll be perfect. I think it'll go on our dresser with my brown toile and white pitchers but we'll see. My other thought is the laundry room with one of the prim candle lights sitting on it. So many possibilities for only $3.53.

I'm still stitching on Midnight Watch in memory of my little Maggie cat and I'm making some progress. I finished the cat last night so tonight's mission is to stitch the moon. I've signed up for a Blackbird Designs SAL starting in June so I've got to get a move on. I just don't do WIP's because if I set them down then it's months and months or years before I pick them up again. I asked Mark to decide what I stitch for the SAL and he's picked Tulip Manor. That's a great one because it'll be perfect in the entrance hall when I finish it. See I'm already decorating with it and I haven't even started it yet. LOL!

I'm actually taking Saturday off work. Now I know everyone's thinking...hmmm, she just works til noon on Saturdays so what's the big deal....but getting up 6 days a week to go to work gets old. I want to sleep late or atleast until 7:30 then just take my time getting dressed instead of rushing around like a mad woman. We're still trying to decide what if anything we want to do since we finally finished the yardwork Sunday.
Well I'm off now to check Craig's List again and maybe, just maybe actually do some work this afternoon. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, would love to see your prim cabinet. How about some pics?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!