Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring has sprung

We're staying busy pulling weeds, planting flowers and of course, my favorite decorating the front porch and deck. I swear I should have been born wealthy so I wouldn't have to pull weeds! I hate getting dirty and sweaty especially after working all day long.

I did take a few hours off on Tuesday and managed to score some real bargins. I got 2 birdhouses, peg rack, atrium, 2 pillows, 2 watering cans, 2 planters, pair of little rain boots, pewter cake plate and a wooden jewelry box at Good Will for an amazing price of $25 total. The peg rack was already prim so I hung it outside the window on the deck and put the watering cans and some garden tools on it. I'll need to prim up the jewelry box AKA charging station but I think a little black paint, sandpaper and stain will make it exactly what I was looking for to keep my phone, ipod and camera charged up. I also made a trip to Cleveland, GA to visit Hearts and Flowers which is just to die for. I love her store so much but don't get in as often as I'd like but that makes Mark really happy. I went to get some wax melts but I just had to buy a "wasp catcher" that was converted to a lamp and a fly screen to put over the pewter cake plate that I'd scored at GW. But I saved so much on decorations at GW that this trip didn't really cost me anything....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And of course lastly, the Bon Jovi concert is exactly 1 week away in Atlanta. I've got friends coming to stay with us so I've got to get the house cleaned before Wednesday. I just can't wait to spend time with all my equally crazy Jovi buddies. We always have a lot of fun when we get together and the concert is just the icing on the cake! In one week, I'll be gazing upon David with my little star struck eyes again and I just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!