Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday in the park....wish it was the 4th of July

Not Bon Jovi but still seemed just right today.  It would be a long weekend which I could so use right now!!!!  My folks are coming to visit for a week and they get here Tuesday.  Oh my, so much to do and never, never enough time in the day.  Mark leaves for Korea Monday so guess I'll try cramming everything into Monday night...wooo I'm pooped just thinking about it all.  My momma is allergic to kitties and Clarice has staked that guestroom out as her own so I'm got to scrub it down, change all the linens and shut the door so that little monkey can't sneak back into it before they get here.  I was lucky enough that I found the perfect American Living Red and White Postage Stamp quilt at Tuesday Mornings for less than $50.  I was so excited because I really wanted to buy it when J C Penney's carried it at regular prices but just couldn't make myself spend the money.  Then they discontinued it and I was crushed so imagine my surprise when I saw one at the  very top of a shelf at Tuesday Mornings.  I couldn't clamber up there fast enough to check it out!  So now I'm finally turning that room into a prim room because I'm so tired of that Shabby Chic look in that room.  It was so out of place with the other rooms in the house.  I picked up some treasures at Good Will and the flea market last weekend so I just need to start the decorating process to see what else I need.  Well but I need to clean the room first so dang it all we're back to needing extra time off work.

We finally set up our vacation last night.  We've been struggling with what to do, where to go, ect...it's been such a stressful year for us both that neither of us wanted to make a decision....make way too many of those daily in our work lives.  So last night over burger and fries at Five Guys we made a list of our options.   Let's see cruise, beachy island sort of place, Florida Keys (which we love) or Maine which is something that I've always wanted to do...see the eastern seaboard and all the great antique places that I've read all about over the years.   So we debated, discussed but just couldn't decide so when we got home I took an idea from Edgar (if you don't read his Blacksheep blog you are missing so much) and put all the ideas on foldedvpaper, threw them in the air and which ever one Clarice pounced on was the place we were headed.....wahoo!!!!  She picked Maine!  Now to start the planning....Mark's boss has a family farm homestead that he's loaning us for a week so I'll have extra money to spend on whatever.  And boy do I plan on buying lots of whatevers.  I'll post the details when I get home later so excited.  I'm at work but just too excited about planning this trip to get anything really done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!