Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Friday, April 26, 2013

Some funny things about me

I saw this on someones blog and thought this is different so without any further ado here's my story:

What is your full given name?
Donna Michelle Gay Harris


How was your name chosen?
For some reason my folks were convinced they were having a boy and they didn't pick out a girl's name.  "It's a girl" threw them for a real loop so I was named Donna for the Ritchie Valens song and my Great Aunt suggested Michelle for The Beatles song.  It's no wonder I have loved everything musical since birth!


What do you like to be called?
Donna
My Love because Mark still calls me that after 26 years
Little Girl because that's what my momma and daddy still call me
Sis because my little brothers still call me that
Donna Gay because my granny called me that until the day she died


What are all the nicknames you have used?
Big Mouth
Bubby
Dirty Martini Queen/DMQ


How did you get those nicknames?
Big Mouth came about in JHS because my voice is loud and tends to carry.  Nothing has changed about that even as I age

Bubby is what Mark calls me because he's an only child and he said growing up he always wanted a bubby.

Dirty Martini Queen is what Dana, Kathie and I call ourselves.  We're just the life of the party, the girls that laugh the loudest, sing the most off key, dance on tables/bars, sing with the band (did I mention really off key?) and drink DMQs.  We've been best friends since 7th grade and have seen each other thru all life's ups and downs without losing ourselves.  They know my deepest darkest secrets and still love me.  They are my sisters in every possible sense except blood. 

Have you ever been called by a name that was distasteful or hurtful?
I think we all have but seriously the kids used to really give me grief over my last name even into HS.  Grow Up!!!!

If you could choose a different name, what would it be?
I actually like Donna and wouldn't change it but had I been that boy my folks were expecting I'd have changed that name a million times over....Glenn Gregory Gay.....that's just wrong!

And remind me sometime to tell you about the awesome comment my momma had upon learning I was a girl.   So now it's your turn to answer these questions about yourself either on your blog or in the comments.  I can't wait to hear what y'all have to say.


1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog from Lisa's and I've enjoyed learning about you and reading your fun blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!