Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Monday, June 27, 2016

Latest happenings at the Harris'

Last weekend I attended an estate sale that was just great.  I didn't go until the 2nd day which totally worked in my favor because it was 1/2 off day which is my favorite day!  This collector had a lot of crocks, quilts and lots of just cool items but since it was the 2nd day a lot of things were gone already like all the crocks, quilts and most furniture which was fine because I didn't need any of those things.  Notice I said "need" not "want" because I always want those things but look at what I did score:

Little cast iron sheep $4


Perfect condition coverlet in pumpkin gold $45


Well loved coverlet in taupe gold color $10


Bonnet needle keeper $1
Isn't it cute?

beautiful cross stitched pillow cover and the stitching is AMAZING for $4.  I plan on using it at the holidays because it reminds me of poinsettia flowers


Small piece of coverlet to use on a tabletop, dresser or in a bowl


And so much more sewing items like huge bags of lace, trim and buttons for $1, Shiny Brite box of ornaments for $1.50, wooden German bread plate for $2 and a couple of ironstone pieces.  I was so happy I dropped by it and now I just have to find homes for my newest treasures.

Also since we've had issues with bears knocking our trash cans over and down the mountain, we decided to build a Bear Proof Trash Containment System.  Well actually Mark built it while I was gone so all I had to do was help putting the finishing touches on it.  Lucky for me I found the cute PA Dutch sign at the estate sale for $1 and I knew it'd be a great addition.  I spent 2 days painting this huge monster but I think it was well worth the time.
 Top lifts up for daily use to access the cans and the door opens for them to be removed.  I finally finished painting the inside of it this afternoon and was so happy until I realized the dang clerk at Home Depot mixed interior flat paint not exterior paint like it should have been.  I have to go back in the morning to make the exchange with them and I guess paint it again this weekend.  I could have strangled her so it was best that I was just too tired to go argue with them. 







6 comments:

  1. Score! Fantastic coverlets and those sheep are a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of the coverlets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful things you found especially the coverlets! I hope the bears stay out of your garbage cans now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do seem to have a knack for finding great things at flea mkts and estate sales and use them quite cleverly. Also where are you in Asheville, I am moving permanently to Flat Rock/Hendersonville area. Already have a condo there now buying a house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackpot!!!!!! Love the iron sheep and coverlet!!!! Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!