Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Terrible Tuesdays

Yesterday was heavenly and I did stay in my pj just about all day long.  I finally hit the shower at 3:30 and that was only because I was starving for some "real food" and needed to get my glasses adjusted.  I hate, hate getting my glasses adjusted because the place is so small and always, always busy no matter what day or time I stop by.  I was there 30 minutes before they even had a chance to acknowledge me and almost left several times but my new glasses were starting to rub the bridge of my nose raw so I stuck it out.  Argh!!!!  So after that nightmare I decided to treat myself to a trip to the bookstore and a nice dinner out .  Now one is probably thinking but she owns a kindle and we know this because she raves about it to anyone that will listen....and they'd be correct but every now and then I still like to wonder into the bookstore to look for new authors.  I always check out the bargain books for home decor markdowns and can never pass up the magazines.  I confess that I have a magazine addiction....other people need liquor, drugs, ect but I need shiny slick magazine pages!  So after  I looked around and purchased a couple of said shiny page mags, I headed to Jim and Nick's for bbq! I love that place because they make everything from scratch daily and have the greatest cinnamon apples and creamed spinach.  They also make pies from scratch but I abstained but only because they were out of take out boxes for me to bring it home in.  How strong do you really think my willpower is?  Not strong enough to resist chocolate pie!!!!!

And today I was back at work or sorta back at work.  I had to go see the dermatologist because I'm having a horrible time with the skin on my feet cracking open.  I split my instep over the weekend that was the final straw so I called the dr's office yesterday in tears because I was hurting so bad.  They agreed to work me in this morning and you can't imagine what they told me.  Get this....buy superglue and use it to close the wounds, use this special foot creme (which by the way my co-pay is $100) and apply it then wrap your feet with saran wrap for atleast 1 hour a night.  Huh????  The scary thing is that Mark told me to use superglue a few weeks back and I called him crazy!  Man, I really dread telling him that he was right and I was wrong to question him on that bit of medical advice.  The dr also said never wear shoes without socks, quit pumicing my feet and buy better shoes that fit properly.  Ok the buy better shoes I will do but the other 2 I'm not so sure about.  How can you wear skechers with socks and not exfoliate?  That's too scary!

So I went to the dr then back to work for a couple of hours before leaving to take Clarice and Gizmo to the vet for shots.  The vet's office was running a 2 for 1 special on animal exams and it was time for the little ones to have checkups.  I was mortified and think we have offically been banned from the vet's office.  Last time Hubert bit the vet and now Clarice acted like she was a demon cat.  She rolled her eyes up in the back of her head, scratched, bit and screamed for all she was worth.  I've never seen anything like it.  I had asked the vet to cut her nails but they wouldn't even touch her.  They managed to get a towel over her head long enough to adminster the shots but then they literally threw her back into her carrier.  There was no exam or even taking her temp because she was wild!  Now Gizmo on the other hand, rolled over to have his belly rubbed and was a perfect angel.  I certainly hope that Clarice doesn't have to go back this year because I'm not sure after her proformance that they will see her.  I think from now on that Mark should have to take her and Hubert to the vet office because it's too hard on me watching them manhandle my babies. 

Ok so that's the updates on my little world for today and now headed off to wrap up my toosties in saran wrap.  That just sounds so weird but hopefully it'll fix me right up.  I know the superglue trick went a long way today in cutting down on the pain in my foot after I recovered from the horrible sting of applying it. 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely time to get a new vet! For what they charge, well, two pets can't be wrong... Poor kids must have been so stressed out. Sounds like you really need an estate sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't beleive you can put superglue in your cracked heels. Hum......
    I love magazines too although I am not addicted. Glad you had a 2 for 1 at the vet. It wouldn't be worth paying a dr. to give a shot and throw the cat back in the carrier like that. Good thing it's all over with:) I never pass up a chocolate pie. Yummy. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!