Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Decor Update

It's done!  That's my big update...LOL!  I started Saturday afternoon after Mark and I got back from running 5 million errands and I finished last night.  Now it'll be just little tweaks here and there....can any of us say we're extremely happy with the way everything looks the first time...of course not where's the fun in that?  I say I'm done but we're decorating the tree tonight.  We bought a smaller, lit tree because that 10 foot tree that we've used for the past 9 years is just too big for this house even though we've used it the last 5 years here.  Mark had to bend the top down so I could put the star on and it filled the entire corner of the room so now we're switching to a 7.5 foot tree that has lights already on it...wahoo!  Now I just hope all the ornaments fit on it.

We spent Sunday night at the ER with Clarice.  She woke me up Sunday morning bright and early throwing up.  I thought maybe she had a hairball or got into something that she shouldn't have when I was decorating Saturday so I wasn't too worried.  Then about 6pm she started vomiting blood so I snatched her up and off we went to the ER which is 3 towns away.  WTF!  They ran xrays, started iv and kept her overnite to the tune of $800 and we still didn't know why she was sick.  I had to pick her up before 8AM monday morning and drop her off at our cat vet so they could check her out.  Well that was another $250 and still don't know why she was sick!  They ran more xrays and sent her home with 2 different meds that we have to give her twice a day for 10 days.  Have you ever tried to give a cat a pill?  It ain't easy.  I'm glad that she didn't have to have surgery but sure would like an answer about what was wrong.  The vet told us they could run a barium test to trace her digestive track but that was an additional $400 and we still might not know what was wrong so Mark decided to keep that $400 in his pocket instead.  Doesn't Clarice understand that she's destroying my Jovi Concert Fund?

Ran to Goodwill yesterday at lunch and scored a couple of little things.  I got 2 black frames for my needlework for $2.50, 2 pantry boxes (repo) for $1.91 and the big score, a pewter teapot for  $3.51.  I was beyond thrilled with it even if it does have a couple of dings in it.  I already had a sugar cone, nippers and creamer set but no teapot so I snatched it up in a heartbeat.  I already starting prim-ing up the pantry boxes last night along with a shelf and wooden charger that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.  I just need to swipe some stain on them tonight and then I'll be ready to decide if I'm keeping them or listing on ebay.  Mark just keeps repeating that I started all this to clean out closets not aquire more stuff for myself.  Silly boy doesn't get it yet.

Well guess I need to study for my insurance test so I'll close for now.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You're so good! We haven't started decorating at all but plan to this weekend if I ever start feeling better! Would love to see some pics of the decorated house. Tell Miss Thing to stay well that you need your money for our Jovi adventure! Have an excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Christmas decor - haven't even started! Don't know if it would work for your baby, but the way I get my toy poodle to take pills is to wrap them in cheese or cream cheese... Worth a try??

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!